"The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences."

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Studying, and Rowing, and Singing, oh my!

so life has really picked up this past week. I still can't believe how quickly time is going. I've been in Ireland almost a month! That's crazy to me.

My classes have started and I seem to be the only one I know with homework. Oh well, I am STUDYING abroad, so I can't really complain. I really love my classes though! I decided I want to work for the UN... for now, anyway.

I joined the crew team, so I am rowing three nights a week (yes, NIGHTS.. no more early morning, barely-can-keep-my-eyes-open practices!) I am also coxing the novices two nights a week.. which should be interesting. Hopefully the Guiness hasn't gotten to me too bad and my butt can still fit in the cox seat! Unfortunately the only races this season are on Saturdays, and I have planned trips almost every weekend to get the most travelling done as possible while I'm here.

I also auditioned for a musical revue show with the drama society and was cast! Yay! I have two solos, "The Wild Party" and "A New World", neither of which I've heard of, but I'm sure it will be fun. Plus I'm in a couple chorus numbers as well. I can't wait to get back on stage. I've missed acting a lot.

Other than that, just travelling. Yesterday we visited Bunratty Castle and Folk Park. It was really well renovated and was really cool. Plus it's nice to get off campus on the weekends. I would post pictures of it, but my camera died as we pulled up :(

I should really be doing homework now, so I'm off to the library to be studious!

A la prochaine!


No comments:

Post a Comment